Mushroom harvesting season is here and I thought this would be a good time to share my Mushroom Pin Cushion Tutorial. This cute pin cushion reminds me of something granny would have kept in her sewing box. Its a fairly simple project that requires a bit of sewing and a hot glue gun. I purchased all the supplies at my local craft store. Happy crafting!
Polka Dot Fabric
2 1/4" Diameter Wood Disc
1 1/2 " Wood Candle Cup Holder
Mini Ric Rac
Hot Glue or Craft Glue
Wool Roving for Stuffing
1. Cut out a 7 1/4" diameter circle in your favorite polka dot print.
2. Sew a gathering stitch around the edge of your circle.
3. Pull your gathering stitch to create the mushroom cap. Pack cap with wool roving. Pull gathering stitch tight, close and knot. (A polyfill will work but wool filling is much better. Wool will make a stiff cap that will hold your pins in place. A poly fill will make a squishy cap but will still work.)
4. Glue candle cup holder to wood disc to make mushroom stem.
5. Put a layer of hot glue on top of the wood disc and quickly push mushroom cap onto disc and hold into place until the glue dries. Hot glue typically dries in under a minute.
6. Glue a piece of ric rac around the edge of the wood disc for decoration.
7. Finish the mushroom with a cut felt flower and a pretty pin.
For personal use only. Commercial use prohibited.